Stop suffering and find relief from Arizona allergies! Arizona has beautiful weather year-round, which means a year-round growing season and year-round pollen. In addition to pollen, many people suffer from environmental allergies, such as dust. Allergy relief is possible through medications and other modern allergy treatment options. When over-the-counter allergy treatments are not working for you, our allergists can develop an allergy treatment strategy that allows you to enjoy life again!
We will help you identify your allergy triggers and determine what course of treatment will be effective for you. This can include avoidance or prescription medications, such as antihistamines or corticosteroids. If necessary, we may also refer you to a specialist for immunotherapy options.
As the fifth most common chronic illness in the United State, over 50% of Americans have allergies. These can range from mild periodic symptoms, such as itchy and watery eyes, to severe life-threatening reactions, such as anaphylaxis and shock. There are many different allergens that will trigger different symptoms in different people. These are the most common allergens:
- Food allergies are often caused by cow’s milk, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish or shellfish.
- Pollen allergy is caused by tiny pollen particles that are released by trees, grasses, flowers and weeds. Pollen allergies may be year-round due to our mild Arizona winters or during specific seasons depending on the plant.
- Mold allergy is caused by microscopic fungi that is found virtually everywhere, indoors and outside. Allergies are caused by mold spores that are released into the air and can be inhaled causing allergy symptoms.
- Pet allergy is caused by dander, proteins on tiny flecks of the pets’ skin. Dander can cause allergy symptoms when they are inhaled, get in the eyes or come in contact with skin.
- Dust allergy is actually caused by tiny dust mites that live in mattresses, pillows and upholstered furniture. Dust allergies are caused by reactions to dust mite droppings and dead dust mites that can irritate airways and eyes.
- Insect stings and bite allergies are caused by the body’s overreaction to bee stings, red ants and mosquito bites. These allergies can range from hives or welts to life-threatening symptoms like swelling of the throat and difficulty breathing.
- Medication allergies are caused by some medications such as antibiotics, anesthesia or aspirin.
- Latex allergy is caused by a reaction to the proteins in the sap that is used to make latex products.
An allergy is a response by the body to a substance that it perceives as harmful. When you come into contact with an allergen, your immune system kicks into gear and produces antibodies to fight it off. This can lead to a variety of symptoms, depending on where the allergen was encountered. Common allergy symptoms range from mild to severe and life threatening, they include:
- Itching nose, eyes or roof of the mouth
- Tingling in the mouth
- Runny, stuffy nose
- Watery, red or swollen eyes
- Swelling of the lips, face, tongue and throat or other part of the body
- Stomachache, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
- Dizziness or fainting
With allergies, early treatment is often important not only to reduce suffering, but to also prevent some types of allergy symptoms from developing into serious conditions. Untreated allergy symptoms can sometimes cause sinus infections, ear infections, lung infections and asthma.
Allergy Treatment Options
At Vitality Internal Medicine, we have the knowledge to identify your allergen trigger and offer a number of strategies for managing your allergy symptoms. You can choose from many allergy treatment options that can help reduce, eliminate or control your allergy symptoms! These include:
- Avoidance of allergens
- Over-the-counter allergy medications
- Nasal sprays and washes
- Allergy shots
- Allergy drops
- Sublingual tablets
- Inhalers and nebulizers
Get Relief From Your Allergies!
You deserve to live without suffering from allergies. Visit Vitality Internal Medicine in LOCATION where we can diagnose, treat and manage your allergies. We will help you identify your allergy triggers and determine the best course of treatment for you. You have lots of options when it comes to allergy treatments. This can include avoidance, over-the-counter medications, prescription medications or immunotherapy strategies. If necessary, we may also refer you to a specialist for advanced immunotherapy options.
You do not have to suffer any longer! Our specialists will help you get your allergies under control. Request an appointment at the Vitality Internal Medicine in Ashburn to get started now!
Common Questions About Allergy Relief:
Why are your allergies so bad in Arizona?
Allergies in Arizona can be particularly bad with our plant-life that grows year-round. There are always trees, grasses and flowers in bloom producing pollen and providing little relief for allergy sufferers. The Spring months are particularly bad for many people and is considered the official allergy season in Phoenix, AZ.
What is the best relief for allergies?
Oral antihistamines can help relieve the symptoms of allergies quickly and provide much needed allergy relief. There are over-the-counter allergy medications that can provide relief, along with antihistamines available through a prescription from the doctor. Other forms of allergy treatment are also available, including immunotherapies. You will work with the doctor to develop an allergy relief strategy customized to your needs.
What can I take for severe allergies?
Treatment for severe allergies can include oral antihistamines, decongestants and corticosteroids. These can be in the form of nasal sprays, oral medications and inhalers. Sometimes a combination of medications are necessary to effectively treat severe symptoms. When over-the-counter medications do not help, a doctor may prescribe prescription strength medications to effectively treat your allergies.